Nestle Toll House Stars and Stripes Cookies
- 1 (18 ounce) package Nestle Toll House Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 20 fresh medium strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll cookie dough to 1/4-inch thickness between two pieces of wax paper. Remove top piece of paper.
- Cut cookie dough into stars with 3-inch star cookie cutter. Transfer cookies to ungreased baking sheet. If stars have softened and are too difficult to remove from wax paper, refrigerate stars for 10 minutes.
- Roll remaining dough to 1/4-inch thickness; cut out additional stars.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- While hot, reshape and pat edges of each star back into shape with knife.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in small mixer bowl until fluffy. Spread onto cooled cookies.
- Place strawberry slices onto each cookie pointing outward.
- Place 5 to 6 blueberries in center of each cookie.
- Top with mini-morsels.
Yield: about 20 cookies