Stars and Stripes Cookies
Please your patriotic palate with these delectable, fun Stars and Stripes Cookies treats. Drizzled with red, white and blue icing, these star-shaped cookies are easy to prepare and taste great with milk.
- 1 (16.5 ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Bar Dough, well chilled
- All-purpose flour
Easy Cookie Icing
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sprinkle flour onto work surface. Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness, using additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Cut into star shapes with cookie cutters.
- Transfer cookies to ungreased baking sheets with spatula.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until light brown around edges. Smaller cutters and sharp edges tend to produce darker cookies.
- Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Pipe, spoon or spread red, white and blue icing onto cookies to create stripes.
- Easy Cookie Icing: Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract in small bowl.
- Stir in additional milk, a teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency. Set aside one-third of icing.
- Divide remaining icing between two bowls.
- Add red food coloring to one bowl and blue to the other; stir well.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1/24 of Recipe Servings Per Recipe: 24 Amount Per Serving Calories: 45 Calories from Fat: 5 Total Fat: 1g (1% of DV) Saturated Fat: 0g (0% of DV) Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV) Sodium: 15mg (1% of DV) Carbohydrates: 9g (3% of DV) Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV) Sugars: 6g Protein: 0g
Vitamin A: 0% of DV Vitamin C: 0% of DV Calcium: 0% of DV Iron: 0% of DV
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®