1 (6 ounces) box lemon Jell-O
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 cups boiling water (to melt
1 (16 ounce) can Royal Anne sweet cherries, seeded
and drained (save juice)
2 cups reserved pineapple and cherry juice
if not enough juice)
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Prepare Jell-O, using boiling water and reserved juice.
- Add drained, crushed pineapple to Jell-O.
- Divide Jell-O mixture in half; pour into 8 x 12 x 2-inch flat dish.
- Put into refrigerator to get firm.
- To half of Jell-O mixture, add cherries.
- Keep at room temperature.
- Mix cream cheese with small amount of milk and spread over chilled Jell-O.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Gently spoon remaining Jell-O mixture on top and chill until firm.