Deep Dish Puttanesca Lasagna (GF)
- 2 medium zucchini, about 1 pound
- 1 medium eggplant, about 1 pound
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 cup Heinz Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano, parsley and capers
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 uncooked rice lasagna noodles, 8- x 6-inches (20 x 15 cm)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated soy Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded soy mozzarella cheese
- Heat a grill pan to medium-high and grease well.
- Cut the zucchini and eggplant lengthwise into thin slices. Toss with the oil,
salt andpepper. Grill for 4 minutes per side or until well marked and tender. Reserve.
You can roast them in the oven if you don't have a grill.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a blender, combine the ketchup, olives, tomato paste, oregano, parsley, capers,
onion, garlic and vinegar. Blend until well combined. Stir in the soy Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan by spraying with non-stick spray and lining with
parchment or wax paper to make a sling to lift out the finished product. Spoon 1/4
cup of the sauce into the pan. Top with a noodle. Spreading a heaping spoonful of
the sauce between eachlayer, alternately arrange one half each of the zucchini and
eggplant pieces over top, overlapping to fit the pan. Repeat layers ending with
the last noodle and spreading the remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with soy
- Bake for 30 minutes, covered tightly with foil. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes
or until top is bubbly and browned. Let stand for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
For a spicier lasagna, stir 1 teaspoon (5 mL) dried chile pepper flakes into
the sauce mixture.
For a meaty version, stir 1 cup (250 mL) crumbled, cooked GF Italian sausage
into the sauce mixture.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.