Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad with Dill Cream Dressing
A grill pan is just the thing for cooking the chicken and zucchini in this recipe.
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 large skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound medium zucchini, cut on diagonal into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pitted large green Sicilian olives or other brine-cured green olives
- Combine 1/2 cup dill, 1/2 cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, shallot and 2 teaspoons lemon peel in large bowl; whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and stir to coat. Marinate at room temperature 1 hour or chill up to 8 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, 1/4 cup dill, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon peel in small bowl; whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Steam potatoes until just tender, about 12 minutes. Transfer to large bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine zucchini slices and 2 tablespoons olive oil in medium bowl. Sprinkle with salt; toss to coat. Heat grill pan or large ridged cast iron skillet over high heat until very hot, about 4 minutes. Working in batches, grill zucchini
slices until just crisp-tender, about 1 minute per side; transfer to plate. Grill chicken until brown and cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to work surface; cool 15 minutes.
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch cubes; add to potatoes in bowl. Mix in celery, olives and dressing; season with salt and pepper.
- Overlap zucchini slices around edge of platter. Mound chicken salad in center.
Source: Bon Appetit - August 2002
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.