Bone Chillin' Breadsticks and Halloween Dip
When little trick-or-treaters are chilled to the bone, warm them up with hot Bone Chillin Breadsticks fresh from the oven! Break one of these bones, and they're ready for dippin' in a hip Halloween dip!
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Parmesan cheese
- Poppy seeds
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound processed cheese, Mexican style
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained (Ro*Tel)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, undrained
- Breadsticks: Using the flat of your hand, roll the center part of a roll into a 6-inch rope leaving both ends large and rounded. With scissors, clip 1 1/2 inches into the center of each end. Separate and lay the cut sides flat on a large sprayed baking pan. They will look like bones. Brush well with melted butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and poppy seeds.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with Halloween Dip, if desired.
- Halloween Dip: In a frying pan, brown ground beef until completely cooked.
Drain and set aside.
- Cut cheese into 1-inch cubes and place in microwave safe bowl. Microwave until melted.
- Add tomatoes and green chiles and mix well.
- Combine cooked ground beef with cheese mixture and serve warm.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: