Creature from the Black Lagoon Dip
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Reserving 2 tablespoons of the liquid from the can, rinse and drain beans. Place in blender, and add 2 tablespoons reserved liquid, cumin, chili powder, oregano and garlic powder. Blend until beans are coarsely chopped.
- Spoon into saucepan and cook over low to medium heat for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato and red pepper, and cook an additional five minutes.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups dip