Black Cat Fudge
You'll welcome these rich black cats crossing your path!
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar, sifted
- White chocolate chips (about 30)
- Line an 11 x 7-inch pan with foil, extending foil beyond edges of pan; grease foil.
- Melt chocolate and butter in medium saucepan over low heat; stir in corn syrup, cream, vanilla extract and salt.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- Using foil as handles, remove fudge from pan; peel off foil. Using diagram as guide, cut out cats. Fudge may also be cut with cookie cutters or into squares. Frequently clean knife with warm water and dry thoroughly to prevent sticking. Place 2 vanilla milk chips on each cat for eyes. Score feet to make claws.
- Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: about 1 1/2 pounds (12 to 15 cats)