Caramel Peanut Eyeballs
- 3 cups finely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pound chocolate confectioners' coating
- Red M&Ms
- In a heavy saucepan, combine nuts, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Over medium heat, cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture forms ball around spoon and pulls away from side of pan.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Chill if desired.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt confectioners' coating.
- With a wooden toothpick, dip each ball into melted coating and place on wax paper.
- Immediately press 1 red M&M into center of each ball.
- Store covered at room temperature or in refrigerator.
Yield: about 4 1/2 dozen