Candy Corn Cookies
Nibble away on sweet Candy Corn Cookies that make you think you're eating candy.
Butter Cookie Dough
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- More milk as needed
- Yellow and orange food colorings
- Butter Cookie Dough: Combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar
and egg yolk in medium bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- Cover; refrigerate about 4 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll dough on floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out 3-inch candy corn shapes from dough.
- Place cutouts on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cookie Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar and 4 tablespoons milk in small bowl.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons more milk as needed to make a medium-thick, pourable glaze.
- Place racks over wax paper-lined baking sheets.
- Divide Cookie Glaze into thirds; place in separate small bowls.
- Tint 1/3 glaze with yellow food coloring and 1/3 with orange food coloring.
- Leave remaining glaze white.
- Spoon glazes over cookies to resemble candy corn.
- Let stand until glaze is set.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.