Anytime Ham and Cheese Frittata
Ham and cheese frittata works for weekend breakfast or brunch with muffins and juice. You can also serve it as a light lunch or supper with a green salad and corn muffins.
- 2 cups ham, chopped
- 2 cups hashbrown potatoes with peppers and onion, refrigerated or frozen
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, dry mustard, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Add bread pieces, stirring to combine; set aside.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add potatoes and cook until golden and beginning to crisp.
- Add ham and cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes more.
- Push ham and potatoes to the side of the skillet; pour egg mixture into skillet, stir over heat and when the eggs begin to set up stir together, combining the ham, potatoes and eggs.
- Stir in cheese and place skillet in a 400 degrees F oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and eggs are set.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 35 min | Servings: 8
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.