Roasted Chicken Wraps
- 3 large boneless chicken breast halves, skinned
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves or 2 teaspoons dried
- 6 (10-inch) tortillas, warmed in aluminum foil in oven
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a blender or food processor, combine garlic cloves, vinegar, olive oil, sugar and cumin until smooth.
- Dip chicken breasts into vinegar mixture; save remaining mixture in refrigerator. Place breasts into a baking pan and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Turn breasts over and baste topsides with vinegar mixture; return to oven for another 30 minutes; basting occasionally with vinegar mixture.
- When chicken is done, cut into strips and keep warm until ready to serve. (If you prefer to shred the chicken with a fork, bake 15 minutes longer).
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions,
pepper strips and oregano. Cook for about 15 minutes until onions and peppers are limp and tender, stirring often.
- Divide onions and peppers equally among warm tortillas and top with chicken mixture; wrap.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with sour cream, salsa or guacamole, if desired.
Nutrition: Each serving provides approximately: 265 calories, 10 g protein, 26 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 14 g fat (2 g saturated), 18 mg cholesterol, 10 mcg folate, 2 mg iron, 178 mg sodium
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Wheat Foods Council
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.