- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons low-fat salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 4 ounces sliced smoked turkey or roast beef
- 1/2 cup shredded
low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thin strips red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- Spread salad dressing on tortilla; spread salsa over salad dressing.
- Top with meat, cheese and vegetables as desired. Roll up and serve or heat
for 1 minute in microwave on medium power.
- Wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap after rolling and then refrigerate.
- Cut into 1-inch slices for bite-size snacks.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition: Each serving provides approximately: 158 calories, 8 g protein,
23 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 4 g fat (1 g saturated), 8 mg cholesterol, 46 mcg
folate, 1 mg iron, 479 mg sodium
Recipe and photograph used with permission from
the Wheat Foods Council.