Instant Pot® Creamy Chile con Queso Dip
- 2 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 of a small yellow onion, halved, peeled, and finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed in a garlic press or minced
- 8 ounces canned diced green chiles, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack, grated (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- 3 ounces Cabot Cream Cheese, cut into cubes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Press the Sauté button on the Instant Pot® and the Adjust- button once. Add the butter to the pot and melt completely. Add in the diced onion and a pinch of salt and stir well. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions
are very fragrant and translucent at the edges. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the green chiles and stir well. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Sprinkle the chili powder and cumin over the mixture, stir in, and cook for another 30 seconds. Evenly scatter the flour over the chile and onions, stir to make a uniform paste, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Don’t fret if a little of it sticks to the bottom of the pan. You just want to avoid scorching.
- Pour in half of the milk and stir vigorously, scraping the bottom of the pan, until smooth and thick, then whisk in the remaining milk. Press the Adjust + button twice and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring or whisking constantly as
it thickens. Stir in the cheeses, all at once, and press the “Stop” button to shut off the heat. Cover the pot and let stand undisturbed for 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and whisk until smooth and even. Adjust with salt and pepper to taste. Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
- If desired, serve garnished with chopped fresh cilantro or green onions.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 20 min | Total: 30 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from: