Hash Browned Zucchini
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup butter
- Coarsely shred zucchini (you should have about 4 cups) and combine with salt
in a medium-size bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes. Squeeze with your hands to press
- Stir in eggs, cheese and garlic.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a wide frying pan over medium-high heat.
Mound about 2 tablespoons of the zucchini mixture in pan; flatten slightly to make
a patty. Repeat until pan is filled, but don't crowd patties in pan. Cook patties,
turning once, until golden on both sides (about 6 minutes).
- Lift out and arrange on a warm platter; keep warm.
- Repeat to cook remaining zucchini mixture, adding more butter as needed.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: 213 Cal (72% from Fat, 18% from Protein, 11% from Carb); 10
g Protein; 17 g Tot Fat; 6 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 174 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 628 mg
Sodium; 162 mg Cholesterol
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.