Aromatic Barbecued Chicken
- 1 (3 pound) broiler chicken, cut up and skin removed
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom seed (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander or cumin seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lime wedges
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Mix yogurt, buttermilk, garlic and spices in a large
container. Add chicken pieces and turn to coat. Cover and let marinate 8 to 24 hours
- To Grill: Grill 5 to 6 inches above medium hot coals for 20 to 30 minutes on
each side, basting every 10 minutes.
- To broil: Broil about 5 inches from heat source 15 to 20 minutes on each side,
basting every 10 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.