Crockpot Shrimp Creole
- 1 1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 1/4 cups chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 drops Tabasco (optional)
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined and shelled
* 1 teaspoon garlic salt or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder may be substituted.
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in a crock pot. Cook 3 to 4 hours on HIGH
or 6 to 8 hours on LOW.
- Add shrimp last hour of cooking.
- Serve over hot rice.
Chicken, rabbit or crawfish may be substituted for shrimp.
Stove top version if you don't have a crock pot. Sauté celery, onion and
bell peppers in oil or butter until tender. (Better if left a bit crunchy.) Add
remaining ingredients except meat being used. Simmer at least 30 minutes to an hour.
Add shrimp or whatever meat you wish and simmer 30 minutes more.
This is even better reheated the next day.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.