Fat-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 small box Jell-O cook and serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened Hershey's cocoa
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- In medium mixing bowl combine Jell-O powder, dry milk, cocoa, sugar and flour;
- In a small bowl, blend vanilla extract, applesauce and baking soda; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, beat egg whites with the pinch of salt until stiff.
- With electric mixer, beat dry mixture into the egg whites, a cup at a time, then beat
in the applesauce mixture at the end. Continue beating about 2 more minutes.
- Divide equally into 12 muffin tins which have been lined with paper liners.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 18 to 20 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan
on wire rack for 10 minutes then remove.
This recipe yields 12 cupcakes. Each contains 126 calories, 0 fat, 28 g carbohydrates
and 1 g fiber.
Serve with your favorite accompaniment such as nonfat strawberry frozen yogurt,
fresh raspberry sauce, or light cherry pie filling.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine May 20, 2001.