Low Fat Apple Rum Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
- 8 ounces nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 4 large Macintosh apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
2 teaspoons rum extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and melted margarine. Press into the bottom of
a 9-inch springform pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cheesecake: In a medium mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese and sugar until well-blended.
Add the eggs and vanilla and pour over baked crust.
- Topping: Combine sugar and cinnamon. Toss apples with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Spoon over
cream cheese. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove
- Combine apple jelly and rum extract in a 1-cup glass measure; microwave for 45
seconds to melt. Spoon over cheesecake.
- Refrigerate this dessert for at least 1 hour or until serving time.
Loosen cake from rim of pan and remove carefully.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.