Low Fat Chewy Fruit & Oatmeal Bars
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container vanilla or plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup diced dried mixed fruit, raisins, or dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine sugars, yogurt, egg whites, oil, milk, and vanilla extract; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix well. Add to yogurt mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and fruit.
- Spread dough onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 28 to 32 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- Store tightly covered.
Yield: 2 dozen bars
Each bar contains .5g oat soluble fiber.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Quaker Oats
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.