Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 ounces (9 slices, 2/3 ounce each) low-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- In deep 2-quart casserole dish, sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, layer 1/3
macaroni, 1/2 onion and cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with macaroni.
- Whisk milk, broth, flour, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper until well blended. Pour
- Mix bread crumbs and margarine. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Makes 4 servings; each serving equals 375 calories, 25 grams proteins, 53
grams chol, 7 grams fat, 23 milligrams cholesterol and 942 milligrams Na