LuAnn's Carrot Pie
The yellowed, tattered clipping from which this recipe was adapted came from a Woman’s Day magazine published some 40 years ago! An “oldie, but a goodie!"
- 2 1/2 cups sliced carrots (about 1 pound), cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pie shell
- Whipped topping for garnish
- Nutmeg for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients in a blender or food processor, then blend or process until smooth. Pour filling into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 450 degrees F oven for 10 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F and bake for 50 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Place baked pie on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve, garnished with whipped topping and a light sprinkling of grated nutmeg, if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Recipe loosely adapted from Woman’s Day magazine, circa early 1980’s by LuAnn
Bermeo, author of Amazing Meals I and II, a two-volume collection of
family-approved, plant-based recipes.