Quick Zucchini Sauté
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 medium sweet or red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 large zucchini, unpeeled, then thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen sweet corn OR 1 (12-ounce) can, drained
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (2-ounce) jar chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a skillet, melt margarine over medium heat, then add the onion, zucchini, corn and garlic; sauté until the onions and zucchini are tender (don’t overcook).
- Stir in the drained pimientos and dill weed, then continue cooking for another minute or two – just until the mixture is nice and hot, but the colors are still bright.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Adapted from Texas Light and Power, late 1970's by LuAnn B., a.k.a. "Tofu Queen."