LuAnn's Spicy Potato Wedges
Seasonings can be adjusted to your own taste preferences. For instance, simply use salt and pepper, or try a mixture of minced fresh or dried thyme, rosemary and oregano for herb-seasoned wedges.
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 6 unpeeled medium russet potatoes or sweet potatoes, well-scrubbed, then patted dry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Set out a large baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the dried parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and salt.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-inch wedges, placing them into a large mixing bowl or large ziplock-style bag as you work.
- Drizzle the oil over the potatoes, then stir (or close and shake the bag) to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the oiled potatoes, then stir again (or close and shake the bag) to coat evenly.
- Spread the seasoned potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven briefly, use a spatula to turn the potatoes, then continue baking for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are browned and crispy-tender.
- If necessary, turn once more, then bake another few minutes, watching carefully to prevent over browning.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 12 (1/2 potato) servings
Recipe by LuAnn Bermeo, author of Amazing Meals I and II, a two-volume collection of family-approved, plant-based recipes; adapted from Amazing Meals, volume I.