Delicious by any name! Serve with Ranch dressing, garden-fresh sliced tomatoes and corn on the cob.
- 3 cups coarsely grated zucchini
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup buttermilk baking mix (such as Bisquik)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or shredded Cheddar cheese (may also use Cheddar)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Squeeze excess liquid out of grated zucchini. Place in mixing bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients, except butter.
- Melt margarine or butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop zucchini mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls into hot margarine. Fry rounds until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to platter.
- Serve hot.
Recipe by LuAnn Bermeo, author of Amazing Meals I and II, a two-volume collection of family-approved, plant-based recipes.