Oven Roasted BBQ Beef Brisket
Who says you need to sit outside babysitting a smoker all day to get melt-in-your-mouth BBQ brisket? With this recipe, all you need is your oven and some delicious BBQ sauce for serving.
- 6 pounds flat-cut beef brisket, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle Hunt's® Hickory Cracked Black Pepper BBQ Sauce
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place baking rack on baking sheet.
- Pat brisket dry with paper towels. Season all over with salt and pepper.
- Place on rack, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Remove plastic wrap. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of brisket and then cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Insert probe of oven safe thermometer into the thickest part of the brisket. Bake until internal temperature reaches 200 degrees F, about 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Uncover, brush with sauce and continue baking for 1 hour, basting with sauce as desired.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil. Let meat rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
- Serve with additional sauce.
Prep: 20 min | Bake: 4 hr | Yield: 16 servings
Nutrition Information: 1061 calories, 29g Carbs
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Conagra Brands, Inc.