Cranberry Pot Roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (4 pound) boneless beef pot roast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In 8 quart Dutch oven over medium high heat add vegetable oil. Cook beef pot roast until browned on all sides.
- Stir in cinnamon, ginger, pepper, the 1/3 cup water and salt. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 2 hours turning meat occasionally. About 15 minutes before meat is done, add cranberry sauce to liquid in Dutch oven; continue cooking until roast is fork tender.
- When roast is done, remove to cutting board.
- In cup, stir cornstarch and the 2 tablespoons water until blended. Stir into liquid in Dutch oven; cook stirring constantly until boils and thickens slightly.
- Slice meat and serve with gravy.