Cinnamon Garlic Roast Chicken
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, cut up
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or 2 cloves fresh, minced)
- 2/3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- Clean chicken well.
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture onto all parts of the chicken.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a roasting pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator, and place in roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Scatter onion slices around chicken, and roast uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- Stir onion slices, add the cup of water, and continue roasting for an additional 50 minutes until tender, basting occasionally.