King Ranch Chicken
King Ranch Chicken is a very tasty and easy to make Tex-Mex recipe. I sometimes make this using leftover Deli Chicken.
This casserole may be frozen and reheated.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, any color or a mixture of colors, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes and chilies, undrained (Ro*Tel)
- 2 cups chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add peppers and onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add both cans of soup, diced tomatoes and chilies and chicken to the saucepan and mix together.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Add 1/3 of tortilla pieces to bottom of the dish, followed by 1/3 of the chicken and soup mixture and 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layering two more times, ending with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Yield: 10 servings