Hawaiian Dump Chicken
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 thighs
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1-gallon freezer bag, mixing well. Lay flat
- For thawing: Take the bag out of the freezer the night before,
making sure the freezer bag is completely sealed. Place the bag on a shelf in the refrigerator furthest
from the freezer (it works best if the bag is laying flat, although this may
not be the best option with a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer).
- For baking: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place all ingredients into a large
baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (about
30 to 60 minutes depending upon the chicken pieces used).
- For the slow cooker: Using tongs, put chicken in the bottom of the pot. Pour remaining
ingredients over the chicken. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours
or until done.
Boneless and skinless chicken is preferred, but the choice is yours.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.