Easy Chicken and Dumplings
- 5 cans Swanson's chicken broth, divided
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 sticks butter, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- Biscuits made from Bisquick mix or 2 cans Grand s original biscuits
- Put 4 cans of chicken broth, chicken breasts, 1 stick of butter, salt and
pepper in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer for about 1 hour.
- Remove chicken. Set aside, then shred apart when cool.
- Roll out biscuits on floured board. Sprinkle flour on top of dough to make
rolling out easier. Cut into strips or squares.
- To pot, add additional stick of butter, remaining can of chicken broth and
more salt and pepper, if desired. Bring to a boil.
- Add dumplings (biscuit strips) and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken and evaporated milk.
Cook until mixture starts to thicken. Stir constantly, being careful to not
break up dumplings.
- Add instant mashed potatoes to thicken, if desired.