Aloha Chicken and Pineapple
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple in juice, pineapple drained and 1 tablespoon juice reserved
- Cook rice according to package directions. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In small jar, combine reserved pineapple juice, oil, honey, vinegar, soy
sauce and mustard; shake marinade well.
- Toss chicken with 3 tablespoons of marinade
to coat, discarding chicken marinade when done.
- Brush pineapple rings with other half of marinade, reserving leftover marinade.
- Coat 2 large baking dishes with vegetable oil spray.
- Arrange chicken and
pineapple rings in a single layer and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken's
juices run clear.
- Before serving, brush chicken with leftover marinade and season
with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top rice with chicken and pineapple rings.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 403 calories, 44g carbohydrates, 42g protein, 6g total fat (1g
saturated), 98mg cholesterol, 1g fiber, 342mg sodium. Calories from fat: 13%