Chicken and Wild Rice Roll
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 (15 ounce) can Green Giant Asparagus Spears, drained ( I use fresh)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In medium saucepan, combine glaze ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat
and simmer 10 minutes; set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pound chicken to 1/8-inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and set
- In small skillet, sauté onion in butter.
- In medium bowl, combine onions, wild rice, carrots, pecans and bread crumbs
to make stuffing mixture.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon stuffing and 2 asparagus
spears in center of each thigh. Roll each thigh jellyroll fashion, securing
ends with wooden picks.
- Arrange, seam side down, in lightly greased 9 x 13-inch
glass baking dish.
- Spoon glaze over rolls.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes until chicken is tender and juices run clear,
basting with glaze once or twice.
- Place remaining stuffing mixture in small casserole; cover and bake
for 20 minutes.
- Place on serving dish; arrange chicken rolls on stuffing and spoon glaze over
Yield: 8 servings
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 22, 2001.