Apple-Cornbread Stuffed Goose
- 1 wild goose, well cleaned and picked (do not skin)
- Goose giblets
- 10 cups cornbread crumbs
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 Jonathan apples, diced
- Salt and pepper
- Boil giblets until tender, remove skin, and chop fine. Combine with cornbread
crumbs, onions and apple. Mix well and add salt, pepper, sage, garlic and other
seasonings to taste.
- Moisten and stuff goose. Place goose in roasting pan and spread with about
2 tablespoons butter, and then sprinkle with a little flour.
- Roast in 350 degree F oven until done, which will take about 15 to 20 minutes
per pound. Baste often.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.