Roast Goose Breasts
- 4 goose breasts
- 1/2 pound bacon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion
- 3 envelopes gravy mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- Fry bacon until done. Reserve bacon for another use, and save the grease.
- Flour and season goose breasts to taste with allspice, salt and pepper. Brown breasts, a couple of minutes on each side. When done, place in deep roaster pan.
- Sauté mushrooms and onion until onions are soft. Pour over goose breasts.
- Prepare gravy in bowl. Pour over the breasts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetable of choice.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.