Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Dill Marinade
Serve Butterflied Leg of Lamb with steamed, fresh asparagus spears and baby potatoes.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons white wine tarragon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pimiento
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4-6 pound American Lamb leg, boned and butterflied
- In medium bowl, blend olive oil, water, vinegar, capers, onion, pimento, parsley, dill weed, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In 13 x 9-inch non-metallic dish, place lamb and pour over marinade. Cover and refrigerate, marinating for 4 to 6 hours.
- To Broil: Broil lamb 5 to 6 inches from heat for 35 to 45 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Turn leg once during broiling time.
- To Grill: Cook over medium-hot coals. Grill lamb 6 inches from coals for 40 to 50 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Turn leg once during grilling time.
- Check meat internal temperature: 145 degrees F for medium-rare, 160 degrees F for medium or 170 degrees F for well.
- When meat is done, cover and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Internal temperature will rise about 10 degrees F.
Servings: 8 | Prep: 15 min
Cook: 45 min | Marinate: 4 hr
Nutritional information: Calories: 304; Total Fat: 15g; Total Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 39g; Sodium: 411mg
Recipe and photo used with permission from: American Lamb Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.