Zucchini and Green Rice
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Steam 1/4-inch rounds of unpeeled zucchini until done, but firm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix rice with lemon juice, parsley and seasonings. In a greased casserole,
make a layer each of rice mixture, cottage cheese and zucchini. Top with grated
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.