Bacon Cheeseburger Meat Loaf
This meat loaf has all the great flavor of a bacon cheeseburger! Top slices of
meat loaf with ketchup, mustard and relish to get a true burger flavor.
- 3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 pounds lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with foil; spray foil
with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix bread and milk. Let stand 5 minutes to absorb milk. Add
beef, all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon, the shredded cheese, relish, onion,
garlic and egg. Mix until well combined. Shape mixture into 8 x 4-inch loaf.
Place in pan.
- In small bowl, stir together Topping ingredients. Spread on top and sides
of loaf. Top with reserved 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted
in center of loaf reads 160 degrees F.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut meat loaf into slices to serve. Top with desired burger toppings, such
as pickle relish, ketchup and mustard.
Prep Time 30 min | Total Time 1 hr 55 min | Servings 6
Serve meat loaf on burger buns for a unique twist on bacon-Cheddar burgers.
To make ahead, mix meat loaf ingredients, and shape as directed. Brush with topping,
and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Bake as directed, adding
an additional 15 minutes as necessary.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 410 (Calories from
Fat 230), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 135mg Sodium
810mg Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber0g Sugars8g), Protein 31g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 20%; Iron 15%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat;
2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 1
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
>> MEAT LOAF RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.