4 parts water to 1 part vinegar
2 cups salt
3 cups ketchup
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
6 to 9 dashes Tabasco sauce
3 cups water
3/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon celery salt
1 1/2 teaspoons
- Boil together water, vinegar, salt, bay leaves and peppercorns. Let cool.
- Place pork in this mixture and soak for 12 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Bake the meat, uncovered, after rubbing with
salt, pepper and seasoned salt for 2 hours at 300 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and place meat on a large piece of heavy duty foil. Dribble
sauce over meat. Seal foil tightly so juices will not run out. Return to oven
for 2 to 3 hours at 250 degrees F. Test and, if not tender, bake longer.
- When done, shred or cut up.
- Serve leftover sauce in a pitcher alongside the meat.
- Boil sauce ingredients and blend well.
>> Wild Game Recipes