- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 level teaspoon baking soda
- 2 level teaspoons salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 2 to 4 tablespoons warm water
- 12 ounces mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to mix the two sugars and shortening. When creamy add the
vanilla extract, salt and egg white. Add the flour 1/2 cup at a time, adding a tablespoon
of warm water as necessary to mix the flour - don't exceed 4 tablespoons of
water - this will make a firm dough. Mix in chocolate chips. As the dough gets thicker
you may want to mix by hand. Roll into 2-inch balls and press down with the palm
of the hand to flatten.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
>> NAME BRAND RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.