Crosse & Blackwell Date Nut Bread
This is delicious sliced with cream cheese. It keeps very well at room temperature
and freezes just as well.
- About 1 pound pitted, chopped dates
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups hot tap water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or whatever other nuts you prefer)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and grease well 8 (15 ounce) cans with tops removed.
- Mix dates, baking soda, butter and water together in a large bowl; let cool a
bit. Add remaining ingredients.
- Fill cans halfway. Place on a large baking sheet and bake for one hour; check
with a wooden pick at 50 minutes because ovens vary so much.
- Leave in cans at least
ten minutes before "shaking" out.
- Finish cooling on racks.
>> NAME BRAND RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.