Famous Amos Raisin-Filled
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups softened margarine
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat softened margarine, brown and white sugars, vanilla extract, water and eggs
in a large bowl with electric mixer until creamy and thoroughly blended.
- By hand,
stir in flour, baking soda and salt until well mixed.
- Stir in raisins and chocolate
chips. Using teaspoon from measuring set, spoon dough by teaspoonsful onto cookie
sheets. Allow 1 to 1 1/2 inches between cookies for spreading.
- Bake for 8 minutes,
or until cookies are nicely browned, depending on how crisp or well done you like