Fannie Farmer's Chocolate Fudge
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups light cream
- 4 squares chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Melt butter in a pan. Add sugar, cream and chocolate, stir gently until chocolate
melts. Boil without stirring to 238 degrees F or until mixture forms a soft ball
when dropped into cold water.
- Remove from heat, let stand until cool and add flavoring.
- Beat with a wooden spoon.
- Pour 3/4-inch thick into a buttered pan and mark in squares.