- 1 cup figs, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Boil chopped figs in the 1/2 cup sugar and water for 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Cream margarine, 3/4 cup sugar and honey together. Add egg and beat until light.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Add alternately with milk to moist mixture. Add
vanilla extract and blend well. Divide dough in half and roll out 1/8-inch thick.
Place half of the dough on a baking sheet. Spread with cooled fig mixture. Cover
with other half of dough. Press down and seal edges. Cut into 1 x 2-inch rectangular
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.