Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
- 1 teaspoon carrot, grated and chopped
- 1 teaspoon red bell pepper, finely minced
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick lemon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry pectin
- Pinch ground oregano
- Place the carrot and bell pepper on a baking pan in the oven set on 250 degrees
F for 45 to 60 minutes, or until all of the small pieces are completely dry, but
- Combine the dried carrot and bell pepper with the other ingredients in a small
Mix can be stored in a sealed container indefinitely until needed.
When ready to use, pour 1/4 cup of vinegar into a cruet or jar. Add 3 tablespoons
of water, then the dressing mix. Seal and shake vigorously. Add 1/2 cup of oil and
shake until well-blended.
Serves 8 to 10.