Grape Nuts Cereal
- 4 pounds brown sugar
- 8 pounds whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 tablespoons salt
- 3/4 pound margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple flavor
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 quarts buttermilk or sour milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put dry ingredients in bowl. Add milk, margarine and flavorings. Mix well. You
may need to add a little more milk (the dough should be fairly thick).
- Put into
pans and spread evenly.
- Bake until done.
- Rub Grape-Nuts over 1/4-inch wire mesh.
- Spread crumbs in pans and toast to a
golden brown, stirring occasionally.