Honey Graham Crackers
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat or graham flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Blend dry ingredients in a bowl, then add the liquids. Stir to blend well and
then stir for 3 more minutes.
- Place half the dough on an ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with a rolling
pin into a square, dusting dough with flour if necessary to keep it from sticking
to the rolling pin. Leave the dough in place on the cookie sheet for baking. Repeat
this process on another cookie sheet with remaining dough. Score the dough with
a knife into 2-inch squares and prick all over with a fork. Bake for 10 minutes
or until brown.
- While still warm, cut crackers apart, but let crackers finish cooling on the
- Store in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks.