4 egg whites
1 (16 ounce) box golden pound cake mix
2/3 cup water
2 teaspoons very hot water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups Marshmallow Creme
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cake: Create the cake mold by folding each piece of foil in half twice and wrapping
it around the bottle leaving the top open. Lightly spray the inside of each mold
with Pam or Baker's Joy or equivalent, arrange on cookie sheet.
- In medium bowl, beat egg whites till stiff but not dry. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix and water and beat 2 minutes, scraping sides
and bottom of bowl to thoroughly mix. Gently fold in egg whites until combined with
cake mix. Pour about 3/4 inch of batter into each mold.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cakes test done with clean wooden pick inserted
in center. Cool completely and remove cakes from mold.
- Filling: Mix hot water and salt in coffee cup until dissolved. Set aside
and cool completely.
- In medium bowl cream together shortening, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
Add Marshmallow Creme and beat on high speed until fluffy. Add cooled salt water
and beat another minute.
- Using a bamboo skewer or wooden pick, poke a hole all the way through the cake,
moving it around to hollow out a small area all the way through the cake for the
filling. Using a filling tip on a cookie press or a cake decorator, fill each cake
with filling. Fill from both ends if necessary.
Posted by Cookin'Mom at recipegoldmine.com.