Keebler Almond Shortbread Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners'
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Butter Buds (powdered butter flavoring)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
cup finely chopped almonds
- Measure flour, cream of tartar and baking soda and set aside.
- Beat butter and both sugars together until fluffy.
- Add beaten egg, vanilla extract,
almond extract, butter buds, and salt. Beat all ingredients until well blended.
- Add flour, cream of tartar and baking soda mixture about a third at a time and beat
until smooth. Dough will come away from the mixing bowl and will look a little dry.
When cookie dough is blended, stir in almonds with a spoon.
- Chill dough for 30 to
- Roll cookie dough into 1- to 1 1/4-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie
sheet. Flatten ball until they are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake the cookies in a preheated
350 degree F oven for about 12 -15 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove cookies
from cookie sheet and place on paper towel to cool.
Makes 48 cookies.