Marshmallow Creme 3
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cups light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon
- 4 large egg whites
- Pinch salt
- Pinch cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, fitted with a candy thermometer, bring the water, corn syrup
and 3/4 cup sugar to the firm ball state (246 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in the completely clean and dry bowl of an electric mixer, whisk the
egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until creamy and foamy. Still whisking, sprinkle
in the tablespoon of sugar and continue to whisk until the whites hold very soft
peaks. With the mixer on slow, carefully drizzle in the hot syrup. Turn the mixer
to high and whisk until thick, fluffy and just warm, about 7 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to high and whisk until thick, fluffy and just warm, about 7 minutes.
Turn the mixer to low and whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Store refrigerated in a
clean, dry jar.
Makes 5 cups.